Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2013

You, me, and Obamacare

The following is entirely my opinion, and is based on my background, studies, and biases.  :)

You would think that as an insurance agent, I'd be licking my chops.  I'm not.  I'm actually disgusted with Obamacare and our government.  In fact, this administration is cutting insurance agents out of the equation by acting as the enroller.  True story.  This great article from Forbes goes in to the intricacies of this disaster here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/learnvest/2013/10/11/an-obamacare-expert-tells-all-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-affordable-care-act/

Every single government entity is bloated, inefficient, and loaded with bureaucrats.  This new health insurance endeavor will be no different.  YOU NEED TO THINK FOR YOURSELF.  THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR AMERICA.  THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END.  MARK MY WORDS.....

Ok, I'm done bloviating, but here are a couple of great quotes from some great men.  Ponder the wisdom of these words....

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent
the government from wasting the labors of the people
under the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson
 
"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom.
As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
- Benjamin Franklin
 
"An economy hampered by restrictive tax rates
will never produce enough revenue to balance the budget,
just as it will never produce enough jobs or enough profits."
- John F. Kennedy
 
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
- Winston Churchill
 
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But,
under the name of 'liberalism,' they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program,
until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."
- Norman Thomas (US Socialist Presidential Candidate)
 
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by
letting the Government take care of him,
better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment