I couldn't think of a better or more fitting title for this blog. Bud Light.
It's kinda funny when I think about it. Years ago, my brother and I were discussing where we would go watch the fights one Saturday night. The conversation went like this: Hey bro, let's go to (insert sportsbar name) and see the fights.... Me: Na bro, there's a bunch of idiots there drinking bud light, wearing Affliction shirts that are too tight, screaming at the TV. Him: Where else can we go? Me: I don't know....I think a friend of mine is having them. Since that day, we have coined the term bud lights for any group of people who drink and yell at the TV. It just so happens, that 99 times out of 100, they are drinking Bud Light. We also call anyone that is overly compensating for something or an obnoxious drunk, a bud light. It just seems fitting.
Today brought back memories of that, as my wife and I walked in to a restaurant and heard screaming and cheers like we were in a stadium. We walked out. I couldn't help but notice the sea of bud light bottles I saw on the tables......
No comments:
Post a Comment