For the last 2 Sundays, I've been smoking a cigar at the plaza downtown. Our plaza is a work of art. The alligator sculpture, the benches, trees, people.....everything down there contributes to the plaza's beauty and uniqueness in some form or fashion. There's a noticeable electricity in the air; a subtle feeling of excitement. As much as I quietly opposed how the funding of the bonds and stadium were decided by a group of folks and not the community, I'm glad that they are coming. It truly is El Paso's time to shine. It's our time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. It's our time to EXPECT MORE.
I've lived in Dallas and Austin, and spent a lot of time all over, but El Paso is my favorite city. We have the friendliest community, safest community, and best food in Texas. This is a city where you can be a "big fish" at a relatively young age. This is a city that can prepare you for success in any other city. I came back to it. A lot of my peers came back. It's like that "old reliable" that you can always count on.....ever constant, never changing.
I sincerely believe that El Paso won't be the same in 5 years. I believe that we've only just begun to shine. I believe that El Paso is fed up with its cronyism and corruption, and will be purging itself of these folks.
If you'd like to discuss any of this, grab a Churchill from Tobacco Tin and join me this Sunday at the Plaza. Stay protected my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment