There are only 2 certain things in life: Death and taxes. We can't prevent them. They're inevitable. And to be honest, I'm more upset at paying taxes than the thought of death. Go figure.
But the thought of death has created a paradigm shift in my thinking. Have you ever seen that shirt that says "Live fast, die young, and have a good looking corpse"? I had a buddy that wore that shirt. He's a skydiver, adrenaline junkie, and all around risk taker. He's a good guy. Now that we're all in our late 20's and 30's, starting families, our priorities have obviously changed. That same guy is about to have a baby and is a successful investment advisor. Has he toned it down?? Na, probably not. But he is prepared.
Being prepared is having life insurance. We can't prevent the inevitable, but we can make it easier for our families to deal with when our time is up. I can't tell you how difficult it was for my family after the passing of a relative. Not only were they grieving, but they each had to fork out major cash for a plot and funeral expenses. There are countless stories about that. How many car washes and fundraisers have you seen just to pay for funeral expenses? It seems like I see one just about every week.
Life insurance is very affordable. Being caught without it is costly for your family. Make it a priority to get a policy. They range from pennies a day to whatever you want to spend. And, I would be honored to talk to you about getting a policy. Stay protected my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment